Monday, September 5, 2016

Mr. Telephone Man


I learned he really was crazy and not the type to entertain at all. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way. We were sitting in my apartment watching a movie when my phone rang. To my demise, I decided to let the answering machine pick up. When Jeran heard a males voice echoing from the back room he jumped up in order to catch the caller before the message ended. I knew the voice to be my study partner from law school and ran behind him in order to avoid the embarassment.
Don't touch my phone, that's just my friend from school.
Prove it, let me talk to him.
No. You're being ridiculous
 We played tug of war over the phone for a moment until I snatched the plug from the wall and it broke. He stared at me like we wanted to kill me. He was panting and sweating like a mad man. It was at this moment that I realized I was in danger with no way out. He grabbed me by my arms and dragged me into the kitchen then slammed my body against the refrigerator.  Chills covered my body.
Call him back. He growled.  
You're hurting me. Let me go. I refuse to let him see me cry.
Call him back now!  
He tightened his grip around my arms then pulled both of my arms together into one of his hands while grabbing the cordless phone with the other.  
Call him now.  He shoved the phone into my chest.
Ok, let me go and I will.

As soon as he loosened his grip I grabbed the phone and ran into the bathroom. 

Im calling the police you better leave.
 I yelled from behind the locked door. I heard him walk passed the bathroom and began to laugh.
 Go ahead and when they leave Im still gonna be here.
I felt like a prisoner in my own home. If I called the police it was certain he'd go to jail but if I left the safety of my bathroom he was gonna hurt me. The silence behind the door peaked my interest. I looked under the door and saw the lights in the apartment go off. I felt like I was suffocating and decided to open the door but was quickly cautioned by a gentle  voice. It was a soft voice, almost inaudible yet loud enough to make me look back as if someone was standing behind me.  Am I becoming schizophrenic? I immediately recalled the novel The Quiet Room where a girl named Lori Schiller had a perfect life until attending college when she was confronted with voices. She was later diagnosed with schizophrenia but only after almost burning down her entire dormitory

Within the years to come,  I continued to hear that same soft voice at many life junctions but finally came to terms that I was not schizophrenic instead I was being favored and protected by a higher presence.

I listened to the voice and dialed 911. The operator keep me on the phone until the police arrived. 
Ok go to the door and let the officers in-they are standing right outside

My hands shook as I slowly opened the door. I peaked out before stepping into the darkness. When my eyes fully adjusted, I could see him sitting on the couch- with his feet propped up on the coffee table- watching television. As I got closer, he stretched his arms behind his head as if he didn't have a care in the world.

The cops are here, you need to get up. 
Without even looking up at me he replied, 
  This is my house, Im not going anywhere.


What! I hurried to the door


 When I opened the door there stood two uniformed officers; I almost hugged them. 

Whats the problem ma'am?
 I have a visitor who won't leave.
I peered over my shoulder waiting for Jeran to say something. He was still in the same position and acted as if he wasn't the subject of interest.
Did he hit you?
 No... well not actually.  He grabbed me... pretty forcefully... I nervously looked back  at Jeran again- but it didn't hurt- I lied
 Are you sure? The tall one wasn't convinced.  
I nodded and allowed the officers into the apartment. They walked over to Jeran.  He didn't move.
C'mon buddy, the show is over.  She wants you gone so let's go. 
 Jeran continued to watch the images across the screen as if he was in the room alone. He was unbothered.

Listen, you can either leave voluntarily on your own and go home or we will take you out of here but you won't be going home.

Jeran slowly took his feet off the table, stood up, and walked out. The police officers followed him out and reminded me to call them if he came back.
He called me as soon as the police drove away but I didn't answer. He continued to call me throughout the night but I refused to even recognize his existence.  The next day after getting home from class I spotted him in the parking lot as I was walking to my door.

I don't have time for this.  I walked right past him.
 Please just talk to me for a minute. I promise to not keep you long. I promise.
He looked at me with tears in his eyes.
 I wont bother you anymore, just give me 10 minutes of your time, I need to tell you something.

I should have listened to the soft voice telling me to not allow him back in my house but I didn't. I reluctantly opened the door and allowed him to come inside. We took a seat on the same couch which he refused to leave 24 hours earlier. Except this time there was no darkness, no TV images and my fear had transformed into anger.
I shouldn't have acted like that. I just got really jealous and over reacted. I just wish you would have done the right thing and listened to me. All of this could have been avoided, if you had just listened. I mean...I'm your man, he slid closer to me- you're suppose to respect what I say.
I couldn't believe he was blaming me!! He was not only crazy but a sexist pig. I considered arguing with him but realized I didn't care enough.

Its time for you to go, I need to study.
I pulled my feet up on the couch and squeezed myself into a little ball.

You're not gonna apologize? An evil smile spread across his face.

I stared at him, not knowing if he was serious or waiting for me to laugh. I wanted to punch him in his face like I'd done Lee's Blasian beauty. Instead I just shook my head no.
Well at least give me. He moved in closer attempting to kiss me.
No- stop. You're being a jerk- get out!  I snapped my head back.
C'mon, I know you missed me.
He gently grabbed my face with both his index and thumb fingers then quickly pulled my lips towards him. I was not gonna play his games and showed him I was serious by curling up my lips and exposing my teeth like a Rottweiler ready to attack. I was gonna bite his lips off!

Be nice. Now if you won't give me a kiss, I'm gonna take it.
He pressed his body close up to mine. I shook my head back and forth in order to avoid his kiss. The more I rejected him the closer he got to me. I tried to bury my face into my knees but his grip tightened. We struggled for a few moments before I realized that in my effort to get away from him, I had scooted myself into a vulnerable position. I was now on my back laying flat against the couch and his entire body was covering mine.
Get off of me or else I'm calling the police again.
When I heard his response, I knew what was coming; I just didn't know how to avoid it.

You know you want it.

As if he had done it before, he quickly pulled both of my wrists into his left hand and stretched my arms above my head. I was wearing my favorite Express Boot cut jeans which he wasted no time trying to unfasten. He yanked the button closure apart and ripped the zipper exposing my panties causing a whelp to instantly form around my waist. There was no romance to his touch, he snatched my pants partially down to my knees then released my hands while he exposed his penis. I quickly tried to sit up but he'd grabbed my legs forcing me back into the couch cushions.
No, let me go. Stop it. I don't want you touching me.
My body was now finagled  into a V-shaped position with him holding both my legs and arms together above my head. He was breathing hard and I could feel his heart beat pounding against the back on my right leg.
Please don't do this...let's just talk. I'm sor-
He did it. He forced his penis inside of me and as if it were a race, he began pumping as fast as he could. I looked up at his face and saw emptiness. He was staring into the distance as if he was in a zone. I was no longer a part of his fantasy. He was focused on reaching a certain destination and could no longer hear my cries.  Perspiration covered his face and I winced at the idea of a bead of sweat dropping into my mouth. I turned my head and stared at the blank TV screen as he finished his business. I had no fight left in me; he stole it.

When he finally stopped, he stood up, place his penis back where it belonged and walked out. He didn't say anything...he just walked out; leaving me there on the couch, with tear stained cheeks and my pants wrapped around my ankles.



No comments:

Post a Comment